History

Drug manufacturing with history

Alexander Heimbürger from Münster started 1878 with the foundation of Lomapharm®.

A first product has been developed and established with some experimental and innovative ideas. "H. Bürgers Digestiv-Salz" has been sold as wound- and laxative product. Old files demonstrate that the customers were based all over the world, so that the dynasties in Germany, in Russia and in China ordered that product.

The company has been divided beginning of 1950's when Rudolf Lohmann has sold the pharmaceutical wholesaler business which has kept the name "Heimbürger". The manufacturing plant has been renamed in „Lomapharm® Rudolf Lohmann GmbH KG".

Today's key area is the contract development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical as well as medical device products. Lomapharm®`s customers are today national and international pharmaceutical or marketing companies.

Major investments over the last years have been done in the manufacturing site. One of the key investments has been realized 2012, when a new production unit has been established for aseptic manufacturing of ophtalmic and nasal products.

Since a shareholder change end of 2013, the company operates independently from its former group.